Monday, January 16, 2012

Concept Design "Grounded"

Grounded is a word that as it sounds could mean a lot of different things. This blog is mainly based on the basis of concept art, and conceptual illustrations. So after my brainstorm settled I was able to come around with an abstract idea just out of the air...
Like a spaceship crashing into the ground.

So to get myself started I research some inspirational Sci-fi and found it in the work of Jack Coggins.

I quickly found many ideas rapidly flowing through my head.



After going around and taking a vote the people decided that Aliens would represent the word grounded. It was a close race though with intense crash getting beaten by a single vote.




This whole process was a lot of fun and I can't wait to post up the video...
Enjoy the fruits of my labour today and tomorrow enjoy watching it come to fruition. 
But for now I'm off.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome process post! I know you're going to focus on concept art and that's excellent -- but why not get the extra benefit out of your work and mock it up as a video game cover, movie poster, comic book cover concept and show off your mad graphic design skills as well? ;^)

    ReplyDelete