Tuesday, January 24, 2012

 Prepare was a very inspiring word for me this week. After aliens "grounded" last week I decided to keep with the the sci-fi swag that was still spiraling around me. The word itself "Prepare" gave me inspiration to experiment with my brush setting to allow for many very pleasing techniques. This image in particular began to get some attention.


After a day or so of practicing new techniques I began the dive into photoshop to begin the battle. Instead of using black and white I decided that since I was working a science fiction piece I could create an intense atmosphere. I then began to set the mood with my environment.


This illustration by Jack Coggins demonstrated to me the kind qualities I wanted to incorporate into my image. It made me realize that sci-fi isn't bound to the colour schemes as our earth is. Oranges can be used to colour a dull grey moon the grass blue and the sky green.


Overall I think, I learned a lot this week.


I decided it was best to incorporate this image into a 2 page magazine spread. This would be used in a magazine or in a comic book.


That is all for today everyone, I look forward to getting back to you all with the video soon.



2 comments:

  1. This is a really great style of painting! I'd love to see more of your work rendered this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaron, I'm blown away. You demonstrate a real commitment to studying and learning from these inspirational source materials and the effort you go to to with each new blog post is very evident. Great work and keep it up! :^)

    ReplyDelete