Monday, April 2, 2012

Illustration Friday The Swamp

This week on the illustration friday was Swamp. I was really excited to paint this landscape as swamps are dark and dreary places, and I hadn't had a chance to create an atmosphere that resembled that darkness in some way. I was also excited while I was painting this when I realized that this image did not have any robots in it.

I love to create atmospheres especially after spending so much time creating characters, it is a really nice change to have and idea that forces me to create and atmosphere for them to flourish and live in.

This week I started by sketching out a swamp for atmosphere  and just went with it. I really wanted to whole image to be done using digital methods so I created another sketch using Sketchbook Express.



This was an awesome warm up using my tablet and I recommend all digital pencils or digital roughs be done in it. As much as I love photoshop it just doesn't provide the same feel as Sketchbook does.



And alas a finished piece emerged

No comments:

Post a Comment